Dual device support is implemented from Saffire Mix Control 1.7 onwards, and allows a user to control 2 interfaces simultaneously with the computer (with the exception of 2 Liquid Saffire 56s, or an LS 56 and a PRO 40).
All system sounds and applications such as iTunes will default to outputs 1 and 2, which will appear as DAW 1 and DAW 2 on the first Saffire PRO unit. In order to access the system sounds on the second unit, follow the procedure below.
1. Go to Macintosh HD>Applications>Utilities>Audio MIDI Setup
2. Select Saffire in the Properties For drop-down menu
3. Click on Configure Speakers
4. For stereo applications such as iTunes, click on the Stereo button
5. Select all of the Streams by checking the boxes, in order to access all of the outputs on the units.
In the example shown of a PRO 40 and a PRO 24 DSP, Stream 1 contains the analogue and S/PDIF outputs of the PRO 40, Stream 2 contains the ADAT outputs of the PRO 40, and Stream 3 contains the outputs of the PRO 24 DSP.
6. Select the output for each channel as required.
In the example shown, outputs 21 and 22 will come up in Saffire Mix Control as DAW 1 and DAW 2 on the PRO 24 DSP. For a complete list of outputs please refer to the Dual unit crib sheets.
7. Click Apply, and then Done. Close Audio MIDI Setup.
If you experience any problems with the steps outlined above, please contact Focusrite Technical Support.